The city of Utrecht is, besides Amsterdam, the second monumental city of the Netherlands and has the largest density of cultural treasures of all the cities in Holland. Besides, it’s a shopper’s paradise and the city center offer numerous restaurants and bars. Tips for a trip to Utrecht are:
- Dome square: climb the tower and visit the beautiful Gothic Dome church
- Beatrix theatre: A real night out with the best musicals
- Oudegracht and the shipyards: stroll along the beautiful canals of Utrecht
- Castle Oudaen: The old castle is built in 1276, perfect for lunch or drinks.
- Museum Speelklok: step into the enchanted world of individually playing instruments
- Pope’s home: Pope Adrianus VI is the only Dutch pope the Netherlands ever had and for him, this stately house was built.
- Rietveld Schroderhouse: The famous house of Utrecht’s art movement ´The Style´ (De Stijl)
- The railway museum: located in the former Maliebaan-station
- And… non-stop shopping!